Stock Judging Pavilion & Building RenovationsThe Stock Judging Pavilion was built in 1918 and expanded in 1925. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. This photo is from the early 1920s before the expansion. (Photo Accession No. 85 60 01)
With an almost 100 year old building, renovations and up-keep are inevitable. We completed many projects throughout the past year to preserve our building for generations to come. Crews began installing a water barrier on the west side foundation this past summer. They also replaced part of the sidewalk on the south side of the building. While these projects were going on, we closed to the public for most of September to replace insulation on a pipe that runs throughout much of the exhibit space. Finally, our front doors got a needed revamp.